Monday 21 September 2015

In and exclusive interview with Nollywood actress/producer Rukky Sanda, she claims she never skin bleached or did plastic surgery


In an interview with Punch on her turning 31, the actress debunked the rumours that she ehanced her looks by bleaching and going for plastic surgery. She also talked about her carrier and how she started.


Background
My name is Rukayat Akinsanya but I am popularly known as Rukky Sanda. The latter is my last name while the former is an abbreviation of my first name. I was born in Ikorodu, Lagos State, into a close-knit family. I attended Lagos State University where I studied Banking and Finance. I took up a career in entertainment as an undergraduate and I took it to the next level when I graduated in 2006.
Acting
I clinched my first acting role in 2004 in the movie titled Angel and the Beast and I have starred in over 50 movies. I began acting when my lecturers embarked on an industrial action. My sister’s friend, who used to work in a production company introduced me to the industry. I was paid about N80, 000 for my first appearance.
Production
I have produced 17 movies till date with the most recent being a psychological thriller titled Dark. I cut my teeth as a movie producer shortly after I made a return to Nollywood. The first movie I produced was Lethal Womanand I have released several star-studded movies. I am totally in love with the art of filmmaking. It gives me so much joy to bring all the characters in a script to life. I think I have gotten better as a producer and screenwriter compared to my humble beginnings. My storylines are very unique and poles apart from what obtains in many Nollywood productions.
Business
I have also been very independent and business-oriented long before I ventured into Nollywood as an actress and eventually a producer. While I was in the university, I was a fashion entrepreneur; I sold clothes, shoes and accessories, which I bought overseas. My dad gave me N500, 000 and it served as the capital, which I used to start up my business. I also consider filmmaking to be a business venture. Aside from touching lives and telling beautiful stories, I am into filmmaking to earn a living.
Vision
I want to carve a niche for myself and inspire other young people. I desire to encourage aspiring producers and entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams and believe in their potentials to succeed in any venture they set out to do. I think young ladies should look beyond being referred to as just a pretty but to harness their gifts and talent
Body enhancement
The truth is that I’ve never undergone plastic surgery of any kind and I have nothing against it or persons who have given it a shot. I have several fitness regimens and I also contour my body. That way, my body has a svelte outline that many mistake for body enhancement.
Personality
I’m very reserved, contrary to what many people think of me. I am also not outgoing but owing to the nature of my career, I tend to attend quite a number of functions.
Bleaching
Again, I am naturally light-skinned so my beauty regimen involves maintaining my skin tone and complexion. I am confident in my own skin and body. I definitely do not need any artificial enhancement of any sort to keep up with any societal expectations. My beauty and skin routine is pretty straightforward; I use a lot of scrub and visit the spa whenever I find the time to.
Fashion
I am very fashionable and trendy. However my dressing and choice of outfit are largely influenced by my mood or the occasion. Anyone who is quite close to me will not find it difficult to tell that my favourite colour is white because it stands one out from the pack. I also love tattoos and body piercings even though I have taken out some of my piercings over the years. My guilty pleasures are beautiful handbags and sunglasses as I cannot do without both fashion items. I also have them in various designs and colours.I
Source Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment