Thursday 14 June 2012

50 Cents reconciles with Oprah Winfrey after sx-year face off



50 Cent has mended his rift with Oprah Winfrey, inviting the talk show host into his grandmother’s home for a candid interview about his private life.



50 Cent, real name Curtis Jackson, had criticised Oprah and her audience in the past, saying "Oprah's audience is my audience's parents, so I could care less about Oprah or her show."
On her new show Oprah's Next Chapter, Oprah brought up the supposed "feud", saying that she thought it took "two people to feud" and other than the comments 50 Cent made, she didn’t feel they had a particularly hostile relationship.
"Did you say things about me to be evocative or did you really just not like me?" Oprah asked the rapper.
"I would see moments where you’d discuss your feelings on the [rap] culture. And everything that was wrong with the culture, was what was on my CD. And I was like 'Aw, she doesn't like me,'" 50 Cent replied.
In the past Oprah has referenced her dislike of rap music's frequent use of the 'N' word, sexism and violent themes.
"I was saying, 'If I can't be a friend at least let me be your enemy,'" said 50 Cent.
In regard to rap music's use of the 'N' word, 50 Cent offered his reasoning.,p> "I think when using that with malice in your heart, you can feel the difference," 50 Cent explained to Oprah.
The rest of the interview was spent discussing 50 Cent's close relationship with his grandmother since the death of his mother, and his struggle with the duality of being 50 Cent and Curtis.

SOURCE





1 comment:

  1. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome,
    nice written and include approximately all significant infos.
    I would like to look extra posts like this .
    my site > Weight Loss Secrets

    ReplyDelete