Tuesday 14 May 2013

Superstar actress Angelina Jolie reveals she removed two of her breast to prevent Cancer


Angelina Jolie has revealed she had Mastectomy, which is the surgical removal of  one ore both breast partially or completely, to reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.

The 37 year old actress according to doctors has a defective gene, BRCA 1, which they said will increase her  risk of developing breast cancer to 87% and her risk of ovarian cancer, which killed her mother at the age of 56, to 50%.

The breast removal and reconstruction  took about 3 months from February to April 2013 now reduces her risk of breast cancer to 5 %, and she said:

 “ I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer. It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable. They can see my small scare and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was, And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can. On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes me femininity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment