Sunday 23 December 2012

Peter Odemwinge lashes out at Coach Steven Keshi and NFF



provisional squad list of the Super Eagles for AFCON 2013 has been released by Coach Stephen Keshi and two prominent players; defender Taye Taiwo and Peter Osaze Odemwingie were missing on that list is no longer news.
But what is news is that the WBA striker, Osaze Odemwingie has refused to keep quiet,as he reacted swiftly to his exclusion lashing out at the Nigeria head coach; Stephen Keshi in what is seen as a probably a climax of a long cold war as he also took on some other personalities plus the media, this he did through his social media network account; Twitter (@OdemwingieP) today.


According to the WBA striker even though he was advised by a wise one to tread softly, he feels it’s time to clear himself of some charges being levelled against him to his fans, as he threatened that today’s tweets might be the last because he might shut down the account .
“A wise man advised me after 1st tweet that there r other ways to make someone look stupid. I am not interested in that.  Just cleared maself.
“The only reason I write this is for the fans to know my reasons and position on few things and don’t think I don’t care or too proud.
“On my not inclusion to the Eagles list I am not surprised. Not surprised Keshi and NFF couldn’t tell me themselves. No personality!
“We talk through press hahaha how come I am the only stubborn one but no ex-Eagles player was sent off from the team with respect?
“Keshi has no footballing reasons not to invite me but is not saying the truth. He is still in my plans he said haha coach u no dey my plans.
“To some who wanna put mouth here please act like men. When two men talk 3rd has nothing to do. So Ikpeba and the rest talk to me face to face.
“This is all a comedy and our poor fans are being fed with lies while they cutting the cake for themselves.
“(The) NFF spokesman told MTN he is arrogant? I am arrogant? Why did (the) country’s president threaten to close down our federation for two years?
“Why didn’t Lagerback continue with (the) Super Eagles after (the 2010) World Cup? Chop and run was his plan and they knew it.
“Nigerian fans voted me Nigerian Player of the Year during (the) World Cup qualifiers and I was a spectator in the World Cup and I should be quiet?
“Because after we got Olympic silver I didn’t say Siasia is ready for Eagles he waited till he gets the job to axe me?”
“Okay that childish thing about shirt aside. WBA needed me back for (an) important game and Siasia refused to let me miss a midweek friendly game?

“Where is commonsense there? The game was played in an 80,000 capacity stadium with 2,000 spectators. That’s how important the game was!
“They can’t spoil my name! That’s when I ask myself – do we not have a team captain and federation who can tell it’s commonsense? And settle the matter? Na wow oh.
“Then they don’t invite (Vincent) Enyeama our number one for a crucial qualifying game because he complained about a flight or something little? Ridiculous.
“This might sound disrespectful but (the) Eagles had no good captain for many years. Everyone looking only after himself.
“Then SWAN sends a letter to NFF to warn me. (Sorry about that tweet didn’t mean it that way). But tell your colleagues not to make up stories.
“After Afcon in Ghana, (the) Eagles fans were satisfied with our performance and Siasia after the tournament said I will take you to the Olympics.
“They sacked Berti Vogts after it though and just a month after that coach Amodu took over! In his first game in charge I didn’t even warm up,” wrote the angry striker.
He claimed again that an NFF Official called him only to begin to insult him while he tweeting these] messages.
“NFF member just called me. Of course got insulted. I told him I sang national anthem for ten years to be treated like this.
“That’s it on this. Story ended. No more talks about national team again. I’ve said all I wanted. If will be tempted will go off twitter,”.


No comments:

Post a Comment