Friday 11 May 2012

The rain maker, Majek Fashek dying slowly



I saw this picture and tears rolled down my eyes, I couldn’t believe that this is the picture of  Majekodumi  Fasheke  a.k.a  Majek Fashek ,the famous  and best known reggae artist  of his time in Nigeria with his famous song, Send down the rain, Redemption  song(A copy write of Bob Marley’s song),
I remember going to see him in the  early 90’s at the Grasshopper international  Handball Stadium Owerri Imo state, Nigeria. That day I can remember very well he wore a white track suite with green strips on the side, then he was a striking handsome and well presented guy and  day the stadium was packed full with loads of admires especially the ladies, some of whom were throwing flowers at him and I bet he was the envy of all young men of his age .
But look at Majek  today ,a proper shadow of what he used to be back in the days ,a walking corps and I bet he must have lost that charming voice of his that actually sent down the rains whenever it was played or he was performing.
He was indeed a popular artist and his song still make waves and drag people to the drag floor up till date.
But whatever turned him into this must be very  bad, I wonder how it all went wrong for the one time Mr charmer that now looks like a scarecrow, did he not have good mangers and advisers , I can’t just place a finger on it. It’s so sad to see a legend waste away like this.
I just hope he gets help and put back the little that is left of him together.

By Dozie Ashiegbu


Below are 2 of my favourite song and an interview  from him  back in the days, though i couldn't get the video but enjoy the lyrics



















No comments:

Post a Comment