Tuesday 29 May 2012

Nollywood super actor Yemi Blaq reveals five intriguing things about him


Adding an extra year to life on earth is an act of grace and mercy by our creator and calls for celebration to express thanks and gratitude. The actor added a year on May 20th and decided to have a tete a tete on five intriguing questions:
Does being you- married, handsome, and a father- make acting tougher or easier?
My job takes a toll on one emotionally and seeing the duplicity of that in family life I have dichotomized them both as not to place too much of a strain on me. Fortunately, my wife is a writer, and is very aware of the challenges that exist in the industry. She realizes the demands and helps me anchor myself better.
You have a passion for music too. Is it going to remain a hobby or are you going to make a career out of it?
Let’s just say, I will not leave Earth fulfilled if I don’t have at least one album out.

You have always been very picky with your movies. We don’t get to see you as often as we would like to on screen. Is that the game plan?
With the dearth of good scripts one has to take a break from the mundane to work with artistic integrity. I am trying to build a portfolio of good work it is imperative that any such sloppy addition will be pruned off. In five words: “Yes, it’s the game plan”

Do you get bored with Nollywood sometimes?
I never get bored with Nollywood, we are operating below capacity on so many levels and lack a lot that’s necessary. Since necessity is the mother of invention we are always inventing…that makes for a lack of boredom.
Who do you have a crush on?
I have a crush on a writer, my wife- Remi Ibinola Olatunji. She is, beyond many other things, a wonderful companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment