Thursday 10 May 2012

Nigeria's international footballer Obafemi Martin freezes in Russia

Obafemi Martins, Rubin Kazan


Eagles striker, Obafemi Martins desperate for first-team football is hoping to secure a move away from his Russian club Rubin Kazan in the summer.

Obafemi who scored two vital  away goals for the Eagles against Kenya during the 2010 World Cup qualifiers  have been relegated to the background because of his club’s defensive-minded approach  and according to him leaving Russia will revive his career.
“The way we play in our team is defensive, so it’s difficult for me. It’s not anything like the attacking football in England, especially at Rubin Kazan. I’m not going to say it’s difficult to score but it’s hard to score. It’s all about defence, it’s not good for my style. You know I love to attack.
“It has affected my game a lot as I’ve not been playing much. I’d like to go somewhere I can play regularly.”
The last was seen of Obafemi was when he scored the winning goal for Birmingham in the final of the 2011 Carlin Cup against Arsenal. The 27-year-old whose contract with Rubin expires June 2013, had a  promising career at Inter Milan and Newcastle United before joining the Russian club.

No comments:

Post a Comment