Sunday 20 May 2012

Jackie Chan retires from action movies


Martial arts Superstar actor Jackie Chan said he is now retired from making action movies. He said he is too old for stunts   and a world full of violence.

The 58 year old who has done 100 action movies and will feature in a new production “Chinese Zodaic”,which will be his last action movie and he was also quoted as say, “ This is my last movie. I am not getting any younger, am really really tired. The world is too violent right now, it’s a dilemma I love fighting,I like action but I don’t like violence “ he said..
He also so said he wanted to take on more serious roles and emulate the success of Roberto De Nero

“I don’t just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor. I want to get rid of my image. I want the audience to know also I’m not only a comedian. I can act. Day by day, year by year, I’m going to show you the real Jackie Chan,” he added.


Jackie Chan began acting as a stunt man working with late Bruce Lee in the film Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon in the early 70s. He got his big break  in the  1978 film Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment